Friday, October 17, 2008

Wait!! It's not what you think it is!!!

My previous post was about me calling a stranger (who might've been pissed off at me) on the phone. Well, this is another shitty thing that happened to me on the day after the 'phone' incident. Me and my family went to a relative's house because they invited us for an open house. It was one of my uncles who i haven't seen nor heard of since i was a baby (not that i could remember him or his family XD). Ok, let us cut through some scenes.... I was eating inside the dining room with my family and all.

After we were done, it was time to excuse ourselves.. But lets rewind the story a few minutes back, shall we? I was eating the soto (one of my favourites) and decided to add more spice to it and took a couple of table spoons of the infamous and bad ass 'lada rindu.'

I thought that it was just like any other ordinary 'lada rindu.' Man, i was wrong about that.. It turned out that the 'lada rindu' was actually made from grinding and mashing 100%, genuine and original 'lada padi'!! I was practically sheding tears~ One of my female cousins (one who i wasn't familliar with as well) saw this and burst into laughter cause she thought it was funny.

Ok, now we can press play and continue the story. Before we left we had to 'salam' the whole famly (hahaha. This is common and a must during raya, i suppose). This is where things got bad and crappy.. My uncle and auntie thought that i was actually crying because we haven't met each other for ages!! To make things worse they as well as my parents started crying as well!! How embarrassing is that??

I tried to explain it to them, but they hugged and comforted me instead. Ahh! Wtf? Screw this! Just get it over with.. T_T

There goes my pride and dignity...

No comments: